On January 25th, Yamhill County Commissioner Stan Primozich arranged a countywide tour for a global, hi-tech manufacturing company, hosted by ChehalemVIA, Innovate Yamhill County, multiple school districts and businesses. The purpose was for to them to learn more about our innovative career initiatives and business assets including:
- ChehalemVIA startups Fidgetech and AriAscend
- Innovate Dayton and its i3 – Inspiration, Innovation & Invention – Center
- Newberg & McMinnville High Schools’ career track programs – CTE and STEM – from robotics to welding, culinary to the Engineering and Aerospace Sciences Program that was selected to put a science experiment into orbit
- Innovate Yamhill Carlton’s viticulture, aerial drone, and career academy programs
- Willamina’s new maker-space and career training program (image below)
- George Fox’s Engineering Innovation Center
It was a whirlwind tour and the feedback we got from our guests was, in their words, “Awesome”! Their questions and suggestions were thought-provoking and very valuable. Yamhill County and our communities are clearly on the right path!